COVID-19: PROTOCOL FOLLOWED FOR TREATMENT OF PATIENTS AT SHAMIM KHAN PHYSIOTHERAPY
Due to requests from our patients, the ongoing need for rehabilitation for our post surgical patients and support for our chronic pain patients,
we are now consulting patients in our outpatient facility at 399 Clark road. We are taking all.the measures necessary as required by the NICF.
Our practice is keeping a watchful eye on the evolving COVID-19 situation. The safety of patients, physiotherapists and others remains our top priority and we are relying on information from trusted sources as we resume our normal day to day operations during Level 4 Lock-down.
It’s business unusual for all of us therefore certain rules do apply when coming in for a consultation or a session.
Through the following protocol we aim to ensure the safety of all our patients and staff. Our aim is to minimise the spread of infection according to the national health guidelines and the recommendations of the labour minister.
However, we would like to advise that should you have any of the following symptoms that you contact your GP and stay away from physiotherapy until your symptoms have been treated:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Flu-like symptoms
- NO staff who is COVID positive will be allowed to come to work
- We are minimising the number of staff at the practice
- All patients will be screened telephonically by answering specific questions before they are offered an appointment
- The number of patients in the practice will be limited
- No visitors can accompany the patient
- Patients can only come in 5 minutes before the appointment unless they are coming for the first time
- Before entering the practice, the patient will be met at the door. Temperature will be measured using a non-contact thermometer. The hands will be sprayed with sanitiser
- The chairs in the reception area are placed 1 meter apart.
- We will avoid mixing patients of different risk profiles
- The reception staff will wear masks and face shields
- All physiotherapists will wear masks, plastic disposable aprons and gloves, where indicated.
- No magazines will be available in the reception area
- A daily record of all persons entering the practice on a daily basis will be kept.
- All patients are required to wear a face mask when attending physiotherapy. The mask must be worn throughout the treatment.
- There is no linen on the beds. All patients are requested to bring 2 towels.
- All treatments areas, chairs, door handles and works surfaces are sanitized after each patient